Time approaches for the most important IOOC in Greece. The third edition of "Athena International Olive Oil Competition" will take place between March 26 and March 28 in the European Cultural Centre of Delphi and for three days, the once considered "centre of the earth" will be the centre of the Olive Oil world.
All olive oil entries shall be assessed using a scoring system with a maximum score of 100 and awards shall be based on the following table:
65/100 to 75/100: bronze medal
75.50/100 to 85/100: silver medal
85.50/100 to 95/100: gold medal
95.50/100 to 100/100: double gold medal
Based on the scores the following special awards shall also be presented:
1) Special award for olive oil with the highest score among all contestants.
2) Special Award for the best olive oil per country (if at least 5 samples are participating from the country concerned).
3) Special Award for the best single olive oil of the competition.
4) Special Award for the best olive oil per variety (if at least 5 samples from the specific olive variety are involved).
5) Special Award for the best olive oil blend (Blend) of the competition.