Lelia Foods SA was established by the Plemmenos brothers in 1912 Kalamata, a town in the Peloponnese region in southern Greece; where the highest quality of olive oil is produced since ancient times.
By 1950, the Plemmenos family's dream of expanding the business to Athens came true. The new warehouse in Athens was supplied with olive oil directly from the family mill in Kalamata. This expansion helped the company start selling its products to new markets. By 1960, Plemmenos olive oil became world famous thanks to exports to all five continents. In 2009, the company was acquired by IFANTIS GROUP, a leading Greek food-group and it was renamed to Greek Land Foods LTD. The new brand “esti” was successfully introduced in 2010. Since 2010, “esti” has grown into an international brand sold in more than 34 countries. “esti” products now include olives, spreads and more, in addition to a broad range of extra virgin olive oils.
Lelia Foods SA has the following certifications ISO 22000:2005 & HACCP for food hygiene and safety FSSC 22000:2010. Lelia Food also obtained the Certification for the production of Protected Designation of Origin (P.D.O.) Extra Virgin Olive Oil and the Certification for the production of organic products.