The traditional Greek salad is one of the top tastes of the greek cuisine. The feta that is in the salad is not crumbled like we would normally see, rather, a full sliced is merely placed on top and covered with olive oil and oregano. Also worth noting, the traditional Greek salad doesn’t have lettuce. Give it a try. It’s very easy to make!
- 4 large tomatoes, cut into medium chunks
- 1 red onion, cut into medium chunks
- 1 cucumber peeled and cut into medium chunks
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into medium chunks
- 1 slice Greek feta cheese
- Pinch dried Greek oregano
- ¼ cup top quality extra virgin olive oil
- 12 Kalamata olives
- Squirt of lemon and Sea salt to taste
- Combine all ingredients (except feta) into a bowl and mix.
- Top with sliced feta.
- Drizzle some olive oil over traditional Greek salad and extra oregano if you'd like.
Prep time: 10-15mins
Notes* You can combine everything except feta and olive oil and place feta on top and drizzle oil over.