An untapped treasure Written by  Friday, 12 February 2016
Greek olive oil remains unexploited. The success story of Greek olive oil is partially written in Italy. How is that?

 From the 100.000 tons of olive oil exported from Greece on a yearly basis, only 15% is branded as Greek standardized added value product. The rest 85%, is exported in bulk (mostly to Italy), gets an Italian brand name and exported only this time with the added value of a brand.