The second edition of the Athena International Olive Oil Competition will be held on March 20-22, 2017 at the Costa Navarino Resort near storied Pylos, in southern Greece.
All olive oil entries will be assessed using a scoring system with a maximum score of 100. Awards are based on the following table:
65/100 to 75/100: bronze medal
75.50/100 to 85/100: silver medal
85.50/100 to 95/100: gold medal
95.50/100 to 100/100: double gold medal
In addition, The Athena International Olive Oil Competition will present the following special awards based on the scores of all samples to further reward specific efforts:
1) Highest score
2) Best olive oil per country of origin (minimum of 5 entries required)
3) Best single varietal olive oil
4) Best entry per variety (minimum of 5 entries required)
5) Best blended (multi-varietal) olive oil
6) Best olive oil from the koroneiki variety worldwide
7) Best Greek olive oil from the koroneiki variety
8) Best organic extra virgin olive oil worldwide
9) Best Greek organic extra virgin olive oil
10) Best olive oil produced by a winemaker
11) Best Greek olive oil per region: Crete, the Peloponnese, Central Greece, Thessaly, Epirus, Macedonia, Thrace, Ionian Islands, Aegean Islands (except Crete).
12) Best flavoured or infused olive oil.